10 Tips That Help You Survive Paycheck to Paycheck
Not every person has at least some kind of savings. Real incomes have fallen, inflation is rising and money is melting before our eyes. The crisis has eaten up the stocks of the majority, and therefore we have to come up with new ways of how to live from paycheck to paycheck. According to a study conducted by Payday Loans Omaha, every third American thinks that now is not the best time to save money. Only 27% of the population reported that their family has savings (deposits in banks, savings insurance policies, stocks, bonds and other securities, cash). Therefore, the topic of survival from paycheck to paycheck is very relevant for all of the citizens. We will tell you how to survive when your next paycheck is still far away and you have no money.
Learn to make the right family budget
Financial stability is much more dependent on the ability to manage money than on the size of your income. Therefore, it is very important to learn how to control your spending and distribute the money correctly. Effective budgeting ensures that your actual costs do not exceed those planned.
To make the right budget, you must be clear about how much and what you are spending. There are many ways to calculate income and expenses – from smartphone apps to a simple notepad. Once you understand where your money is going and how you can cut costs, you can plan your budget.
However, we have not yet learned how to predict the future, so it is very important to leave a certain amount for unforeseen expenses. This can be from 5 to 20% depending on your financial situation.
Further, it remains only to learn how to stick to your plan. So, you can forget about the problem of a lack of money from paycheck to paycheck.
Learn how to invest money
Investing very often seems more difficult than it really is because it is associated with certain risks. However, if you study this issue responsibly, an investment can help you survive when your salary has already been spent.
Remember that money should not lie idle. You can invest in securities, in the education of your children or yourself… Money should work for you.
The main thing in investing is not to risk everything at once and not to get into debt. Therefore, to begin with, create at least a small airbag and invest small amounts.
Also, do not forget to adhere to the most important rules for investing money:
- Do not keep all investments in one place. This way you can minimize your risks;
- Do not rely only on your intuition. To make a profitable investment, you should study the subject of an investment well. Trust your reason, not your feelings;
- Do not copy other people’s strategies. Not always a strategy that worked in one case will work in another. The market is so volatile and there are so many options that no one can give a ready-made recipe. Learn from geniuses, but think with your own head;
- Don’t wait for an opportune moment. Most likely, it will never come, and you will just wait in vain. Build your strategy on diversification and consistency, not on the market situation.
Investments will help you to have additional income and not be left without means of subsistence. In addition, you can become an investor without even having a large amount of money.
Borrow money online
Our life is full of unpredictable spending, so in such cases, you always have the opportunity to quickly get payday loans online. The funds are typically transferred to a bank account within 24 hours.
Getting a loan from a bank is a complicated and time-consuming process. In addition, the bank does not give money to everyone.
In this case, payday loans online have a number of advantages:
- You don’t need to go to the office and stand in a queue. You can borrow money online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and without leaving your home;
- You can get the amount you want, even though your credit history is bad;
- You do not need to waste time collecting all possible certificates and documents. The only thing you need is a valid ID;
- You can be sure that the decision will not be influenced by the “human factor”. The system that issues the decision on issuing a loan is fully automated, which also guarantees a quick response;
- This is the fastest way to get money;
- If you cannot repay the money on time, you have the opportunity to apply for a loan extension.
When your next paycheck is still far away, and the money is almost spent, it’s time to figure out where and how you can get additional income.
You have several options:
- Find an additional part-time job. If it is difficult to find something in your profession, then there are many other options where professional skills are not so necessary;
- Start making money on the Internet. Many people are very biased about this type of earnings. Nevertheless, the Internet has recently opened up more and more opportunities. From creating your own blog or online store to freelance exchanges;
- Ask for a promotion or bonus. If you are doing a good job and you are confident that you are bringing immense value to the firm, do not hesitate to speak to your boss and ask for a promotion or a bonus;
- Sell items you don’t need: clothes, household appliances, read books, children’s toys. Go through the closets and sell anything that you don’t use to other people.
Analyze all your expenses again and do not waste too much.
First, review the most basic costs. If you spend the most on housing or a car, maybe it’s time to look for a cheaper apartment and exchange your car for public transport?
Next, take a look at TV and telephone rates. Change your service provider or get a cheaper plan to cut costs.
Handle everything from clothes to household appliances and machinery with care. So, you will significantly reduce the risk of unexpected expenses.
To buy groceries, choose cheaper stores and make a list. Try to buy products in bulk. You can even ask to shop with your friends, so you not only save on gas, but you can also buy more products at wholesale prices. Also, avoid rush hours as everything in the store will be more expensive during this time.
Review all entertainment spending. No, you don’t have to lock yourself at home. Replace shopping trips with walks in the park, a trip to a museum, or a free exhibition. To meet with friends, choose cheaper restaurants and cafes.